Tomodomo, a digital agency for magazine publishers and online communities, is hiring a consultant with a broad range of experience in web advertising and analytics to help our clients in publishing and online communities succeed.
This is a remote/contract role (although if you’re in the New York City area, we’d love to meet!).
The position is heavily weighted toward a Google software stack: Google Analytics, Google DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers), Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console. Ideally, you also have white hat SEO experience and can advise on things like Schema.org setup, AMP implementation, OpenGraph, and ranking essentials for content publishers.
This is a contract position: expect 5–10 hours per month depending on your skill set (the more you know, the more work we’ll have for you!). We see this as a great opportunity for someone with a day job looking for some extra cash on the side, or for a freelancer with some extra hours to fill.
Although the monthly hours count is low, we’re looking for someone reliable we can work with for months and years to come (and as we grow, we hope you can grow your hours with us).
You absolutely must have:
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics
- Extensive experience with Google DFP
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Google Search Console
It would be helpful if you also have:
- General white hat SEO knowledge
- Experience with Schema.org setup
- Experience with Yoast SEO for WordPress
- AMP implementation experience
- OpenGraph/Twitter card meta/etc. familiarity
Some of your work might include:
- Generating reports in Google DFP for specific advertising buyers
- Setting up Google Tag Manager for a new website
- Coordinating with our web developers to track specific events on a page
- Advising a client on the advantages and disadvantages of an AMP integration
- Helping validate/debug Schema.org information
- Setting up recurring reports and dashboards in Google Analytics
We’re also hoping for someone who can be proactive. For example, you might:
- Alert us to changes in Google DFP code
- Identify Google algorithm changes that may impact clients
- Ensure tracking codes are operational on a regular basis
At Tomodomo, we build engaging websites and powerful custom software for print magazines and subscription-based membership communities.
We’re a fully remote company, and we’re passionate about diversity and inclusivity. We believe in sharing; we regularly support and contribute to open source, and have published our own software too. We care about mindfulness, and strive to find design solutions that respect readers’ time and energy.
We collaborate with Slack, GitHub, Plant, Teamwork PM, Harvest, and Google Docs.
Apply for this Job
If interested, please email with a resume and cover letter describing your work experience, a link to a personal website (if you have one), and include your desired hourly rate.
We’ll follow up with qualified candidates to schedule a video interview. Please note that we cannot respond to all submissions.
We especially invite applications from members of historically under-represented groups.
Apply to this Job